Saturday, July 2, 2011

Random Weekend Ramblings...


It's harder and harder to blog on the weekends unless it's late because the kids love to stay on the computer. Between the 4 of them, they find something to look at, look up or play pretty much the whole time we are indoors (and we are honestly not indoors that much). But I don't mind one bit. If they are happy, I am happy.

So, I woke up this morning, early again. Had time to enjoy my morning and head to the grocery store and stock up for the weekend. The honey and I are starting on a new healthy eating diet. I was a super healthy eater before... but (and it's no fault of his), in the last 3 months my eating habits have gone down the drain! So, due to some health concerns on his part and my body just not being happy with me these days, I now have a refrigerator full of healthy food. Which makes me a happy girl. :)

So, among grocery shopping today and hanging up my Fourth of July bunting and picking up sticks in the front yard from the recent storm, I got to thinking. Sometimes I think what we are 'meant' to do, may be the one thing that we never in a million years thought it would be. The plan may end up being something that you actually vocalized time and time again, "I would never be happy doing that." Sometimes, until we find our self in that moment, doing that 'thing' (whatever it may be) we had no idea that our fulfillment and joy and peace could come from doing it. I think sometimes it can rock us to our core when we find ourselves wanting to go down a path that we would never have considered before. I think God has a funny way of leading us to where we are supposed to be.

So, some things I'm loving so far this weekend:

  • swimming pools and lots of splashing
  • hamburgers on the grill in the backyard
  • cheering on one of my favorite boys at the ball field
  • being told how much my Mister appreciates me
  • baseball in the front yard at dusk
  • a beautifully mowed yard
  • the Elf House, all decorated for the 4th

I still have to share my adventure with Mom to Canton Trade Days on Friday. I promise to get that posted soon! Hope everyone is having a beautiful weekend! I'm off to bed. Tomorrow we have 3 kids, playing in 3 tournaments, in 3 different towns, at 3 different times. Yes, our life is crazy! But I love every minute!
Lots of Love...

~Manda Jane~

No comments:

Post a Comment