Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Who is Sandy Duncan??


We had some vendors in the office today and when I walked back into my office, one gentleman said to the other, "She looks like Sandy Duncan." Our receptionist and my good buddy Katie overheard this conversation and proceeded to come in directly to tell me, however, we had no idea who Sandy Duncan was. So we did what all people do - we Binged it... and this is Sandy Duncan...


Number one, this person is quite a bit older than me. I am 31 and she appears to be much older (Wikipedia tells me she is 65). Why would any person in their right mind compare a young woman to an older woman? I mean, c'mon. I'm a pretty hot, feisty, put together 31-year-old. In no way do I appear to be older than I am!

I'm a little hurt and perplexed and I'm still wondering who the heck is Sandy Duncan?

Anyone want to help me out??

Lots of Love...

~Manda Jane!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if they thought of her because she's from our area (born in Henderson). I actually have a King & I poster signed by her, from when she did one of her last touring productions of it in DFW. She was quite a famous music theater star in her day.

    Nevertheless, I'd be pretty ticked too. For what it's worth, you don't look anywhere near 65. :) What he MEANT was that you look like a much younger, much hotter Sandy Duncan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nostalgia is a timeless thing. Don't get hung up on her age. The gentleman likely meant you reminded him of Sandy when she was in her 20's. I would take it as a compliment, especially if you look up pictures of her from the 70's! If someone said I looked like Elizabeth Montgomery or Barbara Eden, I'd assume they were comparing me them during their days on Bewitched or I Dream of Jeannie in the 60's, not now.

    ReplyDelete