Sunday, March 27, 2011

The adventure of Mom and Me...


So, I took a vacation day on Friday (I have 3 to blow between now and June when I have 2 weeks again)and my mom and I decided to head to the 'big city' for a day or shopping and spend the night - and then do some MORE shopping before heading home Saturday. The 'big city' for us is the DFW area -- we mainly hit up all the suburbs on our little shopping extravaganza. It should have only taken us about 2.5 hours to get to Grapevine (our final destination), however, we had A LOT of distractions along the way. For example, the Coach outlet in Allen - because if you know me, I've never met a Coach store where I didn't purchase one new purse. It's my luxury item - my splurge -- really the only brand name thing that I drool over. I have no problem buying cute shoes for Payless or work clothes from JC Penny's... but I can't turn down anything Coach. Now you know, please don't judge!



We had to stop off in Frisco to eat at the Cheesecake Factory and we finally made it to Grapevine at around 3 p.m. and shopped until I literally thought I may drop. My mom loved every minute of it - it was a real adventure for her! We have another trip planned for May already (well, shopping and I'm taking her to see Jimmy Buffet - yes, I am an awesome daughter). Then we had to eat at the Rainforest Cafe (it made my mom happy) before finding our hotel and crashing out for the night! My new laptop didn't come in before we hit the road (despite the fact that I paid for overnight shipping and it took 3 days)! So, I didn't get to share the adventure until today!




I did get tons of cute stuff. Things I could wear to work. Things for weekends. Shoes. Accessories. You name it, I found it and purchased it. My mom is a great person to take along because she will tell you the truth about how something looks - even if it completely crushes you because you've fallen in love with it! God bless her... she's my mom and I love her, critiques and all!

 I was really hoping to find and define my 'style' on this little shopping spree - but I learned something even more valuable about myself this weekend. My style is really just 'me.' I see things that I like and that's what I want to buy and wear. And it's all over the place -- I can't define it by one name or one type. But that's okay with me. I've been spending so much time trying to figure out who I wanted to look like - I forgot how unique I am. And I'm okay just being me!




Sharing some of the outfits, colors, textures that I found and fell in love with over the weekend. What 'style' do you most relate to?





Lots of love...

~Manda Jane~

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Michele from Stories at my fingertips here. Vacations? Yes, please! It's adorable how you and your mom spent a vaca together, how sweet! I wish I was able to think of something or a brand that I would splurge on....if anything, it'd probably be Anthropologie! So glad that you came by and said "Hello!" Can't wait to get to know you better and thank you for being awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Michele! That means a lot to me! Yeah - my mom is my BFF... we do a lot together (and my Dad too)! I like Anthropologie too - I just got introduced to it a few months ago! I look forward to you stopping by and getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete