Sunday, April 11, 2010

oh, the pain....


Well, the tiller came in. Dad got it all put together for us. I didn't know it was going to be so small! I took one look at it and thought, "this is going to be a piece of cake." Saturday morning -- it takes all 3 of us to read the instructions... but I got it fired up and ready to till. I started it on the first row of my garden patch -- and made one row - and thought I was going to die! That sucker may be small... but it still took everything I had to run it! Today I feel like I've been beat up by a gang of ninjas. My arms hurt... my legs hurt... my back hurts... heck, even my feet hurt!! The good news is, between myself and mom and dad - the garden patch has been tilled and cultivated. I even had enought energy left to put in a small flower bed at the back of the garage. That one was fun as well -- my mom and I don't have the same 'eye' for flowerbeds. My big picture (which is Alice in Wonderland meets an English Cottage) is not the big picture she has (which is tight and orderly and everything has it's place). In the end, she just didn't watch and let me do as I wanted (nice of her, seeming it's my house). We will see how it comes up - I did everything by seed this year. My first time to try it- so if it doesn't work - note to self for next year! Needless to say, today my list had a lot on in  and NONE of it got done... basically all I accomplished today was a nap -- but, hey, it's hard to garden when you can barely lift your arms!!

No comments:

Post a Comment