Saturday, April 3, 2010

I heart Jamie Oliver....


I like to see conversations starting up everywhere about nutrition. Thank you Jamie Oliver -- I think your show is already doing some good. I'm talking to friends about nutrition. My boss and I are talking about nutrition. I see things being posted on Facebook. Dialogues are popping up everywhere. And that makes me excited. Not just for our kiddos -- but for our families in America. As I cooked dinner the other night -- all I could think about was how easy it was to prepare good, healthy meals in less than 30 minutes. I made tacos -- with Morningstar crumbles (because I don't eat meat), fresh lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, onions. And it all took me less than 30 minutes after I had worked a 8+ hour day. It's so easy, why is everyone not doing it? My friend Shelby and her husband have made the step to start eating healthy.... her and I had this conversation. She is whipping up healthy meals every night now -- in 30 to 45 minutes.She commented how much healthier she feels; she can see the difference. They have lost weight. This is a couple who ate burritos, pizza and corn dogs every night. She even commented that now, when they cheat and order a pizza, how she can feel the affects on her health. She also knows how important it is to start good eating habits - because she has a brand new baby at home now and she doesn't want her baby girl growing up unhealthy. Maybe if we start at home.... teaching our kiddos in our own kitchens and dining rooms -- then they will take that into life to make the right decisions. We can't put all our blame on our schools -- or our government... I am a firm believer that everything starts in the home. Maybe Jamie Oliver has started the very beginning of a food revolution -- I can only pray that the spark turns into an inferno!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment