Monday, March 29, 2010

nobody said it was going to be hard work!!


So, I started my journey into the wonderful world of landscaping and gardening this weekend. I woke up at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday morning and did 50 transplants -- my little seedlings were needing much more room to grow. Dug out a flowerbed and got it planted. And on Sunday, finished the raised garden bed and got 18 strawberry plants in the ground. Here's the thing -- number one, after all that work, you can't tell I've done a darn thing around here! Mom says it's not instant gratification... but it would be nice to be able to tell a little difference. Number two - and maybe most importantly, MAN am I out of shape! Sunday morning I was sore in places I didn't even know I could be sore!! I was hobbling around all over the house. Not to mention, woke up with a horrible headache and sore throat - more than likely caused from working outside all day. On the flip side, here is the good news... it felt good. I loved being outside in the nice weather - although I think I spent as much time staring aimlessly at birds and clouds and trees than anything else! I love the sounds of outside - the wind in the trees, the birds chirping, the squirrels scampering around. I absolutely LOVE digging in the dirt. It's like a whole treasure trove... I saw all kinds of bugs and found all kinds of things buried. So, I guess the girl who said she would never work in the yard, has in fact, changed her mind. I have a whole Spring and Summer full of projects out there -- and can't wait till I get it all just like I want it. And have veggies and fruits to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment