Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday, I'm in ♥



Well friends, here we are at another Friday! I really love the weekends. I mean, love them so much I hate to go to sleep on Sunday because I know when I wake it up, it will be Monday! I really have to get past this mentality!

This weekend the biggest plans on the agenda are taking the girls to pick out their bridesmaids dresses and get them ordered. In a last minute change of plans, I've changed the color of the dresses. But I think I'm way more pleased with this change than the previous color choice. I just pray the dress buying does not turn into a fiasco. They are young teenage girls and their idea of what's 'acceptable' is not really in the same ballpark as what I consider 'acceptable.' So please, wish me luck!

Also, we are going out to the local winery for a girls afternoon to do some wine tasting and have lunch. We are going to pick what wines I want to serve at the wedding and I'm pretty excited about his relaxing little outing!

On to what I am loving this week:

  • This recipe and this one over at Simply Love Food. They are both super easy and look amazing! I haven't tried them yet, but they are going on my list in the next couple of weeks. I'm in the process of a major lifestyle change pursuit (more about that next week) and these recipes look healthy and delicious. Can't beat that combination!

  • I loved this post on choosing a career based on what you love versus what's expected over at We So Thrifty. This is one of the newer blogs I've found and started following. What's so special and fantastic about Julie and her blog? Well, she broke up with the mall this year and everything she buys is thrifted. And she puts together the most amazing outfits. And has great content as well. She is a must check out!!

  • I love Amanda's list at Dragonflight Dreams that includes why she is still a kid at heart. Isn't it important that we all keep some of those kid tendencies with us throughout life?! I especially like that she sings made up songs to her fur babies - because I do the exact same thing! Good to know I'm not alone!

  • Thoughts on Style by The Daybook really got my attention. From a big time fashion blogger, it's a refreshing look on style and being true to who we really are. And that everyone struggles from time to time in defining who they are through what we choose to wear.

  • My absolute favorite read of the week came from Kyla Roma on getting your blog love back. I know I've struggled in the last several weeks with not being inspired or motivated. And I know a lot of you have too. Kyla gives some killer advice on getting back the love and magic that blogging used to hold for you. I especially love the section on 'stand firm in your worth.'

So, give 'em to me! What have you loved this week? What changed your mind or perception on something? Inspired you? Moved you? Share them in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I love how you are introducing me to some new blogs that are just what I need right now...& at the same time reminding me how far behind I am at reading the ones in my reader. LOL!

    It's been a crazy week & I've really got nothing to share back with you, because I've been slacking on my blog reading this week. That's gotta get fixed...now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wine tasting is the best! I look forward to more wedding planning posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope the dress shopping turned out alright for you!!
    xox dana
    thewonderforest.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a little late, but I just wanted to say thank you for featuring me! Your words are so sweet, and I'm always grateful for another creative reader!

    ReplyDelete