Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thought for Thursday {Confessions}




Today is all about confessions for me. Things that I've had on my mind, but haven't really shared with anyone. Aren't you guys the lucky ones?? So here goes, time to get a few things off my chest.

  • I don't go straight home after work. I normally drive around for a good 15 minutes. The thought of going straight from my 8 to 5 to home is simply exhausting. As soon as I walk through the door, it's dinner and homework and baseball practice and a million questions. I need those 15 minutes to just unwind and think. I normally hit some of the pretty back roads and roll down the windows and turn up the music. It's my 'me' time.

  • I have this horrible fear that we are screwing up our kids. I'm always second guessing the decisions we make or the consequences we hand out or the things we say. I don't want to end up on an episode of Intervention one day with one our kids saying, 'well, if Dad and Amanda weren't so hard on us growing up, I wouldn't have to be a heroin addict.' I mean, do you watch Intervention?! Parents get blamed for everything on that show.

  • I subscribe to a baby magazine. Mind you, I don't have a baby, nor am I expecting. However, David and I would like our own little bundle of joy and will probably start the process very soon after the wedding (I'm not getting any younger you know). So, my thought is that you can never be to prepared. Might as well do my homework now!

  • My dogs have fleas. This is on par with my children having lice. We've tried everything in the world and those darn, nasty little boogers keep coming back. I live in fear that doggy CPS will show up at our house any day now. Please, if you have any flea remedies that work, send them my way. I feel like a horrible doggy mama!

  • Here of late, I've decided to go bra less 95% of the time. C'mon, it's not like I have an abundance in the chest area. Instead, I wear cami's with everything and it's so nice! I'm comfortable and nobody can tell the difference. It's probably the only 'hippy' type thing I've ever done in my life!

So, there you have it. My dark secrets. Okay, maybe not so dark but confessions none the less!

Do me a favor, grab a button, link up and help me spread the Thought for Thursday love. If you tweet make sure you use #thoughtforthursday. I set a goal for myself that in April I would have at least 10 people link up a week. I would love for this little linkup to grow and grow and to meet new people!

Elf House Chronicles 


6 comments:

  1. Love the honesty!!! We all have our "secrets" that we don't share. This makes you even more "real" in my book...love the "no bra"...I think a man invented them...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie, 'me' time is so important! So glad that you make an effort to get it in every day, even if it is just driving around. I couldn't drive as my 'me' time because I hate driving, but that probably is because I used to work for a car rental company & they always made me do the driving to switch cars at locations or pick up customers.

    I could go on telling you things about each of these confessions here, but I'd rather not write a novel in the comments...so maybe we can chat soon!

    Thanks for being so incredibly open...it really inspires me to do the same. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post. Thanks for hosting!!
    I am loving your Scottish proverb on top - so great. I agree with Kelly - "me time" is VERY necessary!! Keep it up girl, it's good for your health :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this thought/dark secret telling! You're a normal mom:) So Refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! You are too adorable! What a good idea, the driving-around-before-going-home thing...there are days when doing that would definitely work wonders for me! Putting that one in my back pocket!

    (And good for you on the no-bra front...I'd do it too if I could get away with it!)

    Love the "confessions" thing...great idea! I'll have to do one of these sometime :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doggy CPS tee hee! They are so bad once they are present! I am so glad for Frontline! Very cute post Love and thanks for the inspiration earlier!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    ReplyDelete