Friday, September 2, 2011

Some Kitchen DIY, Lists & my Guest Post!


First and foremost, Happy Friday. Not only Friday, but the Friday of a 3 day weekend! Doesn't get much better than that! Tonight the honey and I will be joining some friends for a little dinner and wine at our local winery. Hoping it cools off enough this evening to enjoy it all out on the patio overlooking the vineyard!

Just as important, my bestie blogger friend (I'm sure there is a more technical term, but she is my Blog BFF) has been kind enough to make me her first Friday Feature. So, please stop by and check it out and leave some love at Polkadot-Pretties. Claire is quite talented and fabulous. She is doing amazing things growing her blog and shop in a short amount of time and she really inspires me!


On the home front, there has been a little kitchen DIY going on at my house. Mind you - I have not been the one 'doing.' My lovely and favorite Aunt Jane has come down from Oklahoma just to put new back splash up in my kitchen! And it looks fabulous. And I'm now quite inspired to tackle some DIY home projects of our own. I really want to change the look of the kitchen cabinets now!



Mind you, my house is only 2 years old and I had it custom built. BUT, there's already a ton of new things I want to do to update it and make it even more perfect! Anyone have any experience or suggestions on cabinet DIY?

If you read my blog a few days ago, you know that I'm in somewhat of a inspirational rut. However, yesterday was the first day of 30 Days of Lists and it's got me really encouraged. It may be a little thing to do every day - but the important thing is it's something! Here's the little notebook I picked up this summer in anticipation of Sept. 1.


Last night I was able to sit down around 9:30 p.m. on the front porch in the rocking chair - David to one side and our 10 year old sitting on the railing chattering away - and really relax and do something for me. I might not have been completely alone, but having my boys there didn't bother me. It was just the feeling I had after I had spent 30 minutes working on something that was for me - and nobody else!

So here is my first list! My goals for the month. It's a pretty hefty list, but you have to dream big, right?


Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! I know I plan on trying to relax as much as possible during my three day weekend! Do you have Labor Day plans?


Lots of Love...

~Manda Jane~

1 comment:

  1. Your new back splash is to die for! You should check out the book "Sewing in a Straight Line: Quick and Crafty Projects You Can Make by Simply Sewing Straight". "Bend the Rules Sewing" is an excellent resource also.

    ReplyDelete