Friday, August 19, 2011

Fabulous Finds Friday...


I've been slacking on my Fabulous Finds here of late. Probably because I've been so busy, I haven't even had time to find anything fabulous!! However, the guy and I got to talking the other night about things we wanted to buy from our childhood or things we always wanted as a child, but either a)our parents wouldn't let us have or b)we just never got. So, the sweetie he is, has been scouring the Internet for some of these to add to our 'Wish List.'

Thought I might share some of them with you!



Yes. An original Nintendo. I just want to play some original Mario Brothers, perhaps shoot a few ducks, a little Paperboy and throw in some Tetris. That's as video game inclined as I get! Just give me the old, basic, easy console please!



The ever elusive Snoopy Snowcone Machine. I think I've blogged about this before. I will probably continue to do so until I get one. When I was little my cousin had one of these and I never did. I still hold the resentment today! Gosh darn, I wanted a Snoopy Snowcone Machine! This has been added to my Christmas list! We have found an original from the 80's in it's original box! I would never use it, just display it in my kitchen - and my kiddo heart would finally be happy!


Garbage Pail Kid cards! These were huge and I was never allowed to own any. Apparently they were not appropriate for a girl my age to have (although all the other kids had them)! I was always so intigued by them - probably because they were off limits! You can find the old ones all over Ebay.

 

Anybody remember these guys or have them and play with them? It's the She-Ra dolls! I had them! She-Ra was He-Mans sister! I mean, hello girl power!! I've seen a lot of the 80's toys come back (My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake), but I haven't seen these make a comeback yet. Is He-Man even a kids toy these days??

Is there anything from your childhood you've been nostalgic over lately? Or maybe something you have hung on to after all these years that is just amazing?! Would love to hear!!

Lots of Love...

~Manda Jane~







1 comment:

  1. they totally have reissued the snoopy sno cone maker! We bought one from a shop down the street from us. I can always send one on to you if the 80s one falls through :P

    And we have totally used it, and it's awesome:)

    See: http://craftzillaconquerstheworld.blogspot.com/2011/07/things-i-made-and-saw-snoopy-smoothies.html

    ReplyDelete