Monday, June 13, 2011

Baseball, Heat & Hot Topic....


 David and me and 2 of the kiddos ventured the 2.5 hours to Lewisville this weekend for the youngest ones baseball tournament for his select team. I think we played 5 games in all and in the height of the afternoon, the temperatures reached above 104 degrees. Nobody ever told me being a baseball mom was going to be easy... but nobody mentioned how hot and sweaty it was going to be either! I promise you, I have never perspired so much until these kids came into my life! It's hot out there - and tournaments make for some long days. Yesterday, we started at 2 p.m. and finished up the day at around 10:30 p.m. Mind you, we won the entire thing. And that in itself makes the whole weekend worth it. As does the little one thanking us for taking the time to take him and watch him play. However, it doesn't change the fact that when I didn't get home until 1:30 a.m. I was extremely and very cranky. Especially since I had to be up by 5:45 a.m. because today is my early day.


This is our ball player - #5

Why do I have a feeling that a lot of my future posts will be headed in this direction? Me sharing a lot of stories of my time at the ball field or on the road to a baseball tournament? I can only hope that my witty comments and stories keep you all entertained! I did get a small break from the insanity yesterday and left the boys at the field and took Courtney (the oldest, 16 y/o) shopping for a little bit. I love the one on one time I get with each of them and I loved getting to shop and watch her try on clothes and buy her a couple of treats (mind you, these must stay a secret, because when you have 4 kids things get really sticky in the buying department). Both David's girls are knock-outs (which makes me a little nervous) and I must say I've never felt so old in my entire life as I did yesterday. As we went from Hot Topic to Hollister and on - the clothes all seemed to shrink. It's hard to pay that kind of money for outfits that barely cover anything up. And it makes me wonder if we, as parents and a society, have let things get a little too far gone when it comes to how our young girls are dressing. I saw some of the shortest skirts and shorts and dresses that I've ever seen and was basically horrified at the thought of her wearing any of that out in public. So, you can imagine, that we didn't buy anything that skimpy and she didn't complain at all. She's a really good girl - I just worry about how everything and everyone around her can influence her (and her sister and brothers) and finally realize what my parents went through for so many years!

Courtney & Me

This is one of the dresses I let her have from Hot Topic. If you can't tell those are bunnies. It might be said that now that I have teenagers to dress, I might be living vicariously through them!

Blue Bunny Black & White Polka Dot Two-Fer Dress Sku 705469


I got myself a little something at Hot Topic as well. I mean, what's a shopping trip without a new bag. Couldn't resist this one that Courtney pointed out to me - I mean, HELLO, it has Hello Kitty and an anchor.


Which reminds me of an awesome post that Kaelah shared today over at Little Chief Honeybee. It is a must read and I encourage you to head over there (as soon as you finish this post of course)!

So, I'm headed to bed now. This girl needs her beauty sleep. Not to mention, I'm going to turn into some kind of crazy monster if I don't get some rest!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday and enjoys their week!

Lots of Love...

~Manda Jane~

No comments:

Post a Comment