Monday, May 16, 2011

Movie Time Monday


Happy Monday!!!

Every so often I like to share what I have patiently waiting for me in my queue on Netflix. I love movies. Maybe it's that I just love any excuse to escape reality. A good movie can make me cry, or laugh, clap excitedly or sit on the edge of my seat. And no matter what emotion the movie evokes... deep inside, it makes me happy! I love cuddling up with my mister to watch a movie -- or if it's just me and the fur babies... there are some days where I can waste a whole day away, just watching what little surprises have shown up in the box from Netflix! So, today I'm going to share what my next 5 movies are on their way to my house. Mind you, I spend some serious time in contemplation each week re-ordering my queue list, adding movies to it, taking movies off and seeing what Rotten Tomatoes has to tell me about what is a winner and what is a total 'no go.'

1. Never Let Me Go - This is one I hadn't particularly heard of. I saw it as a preview on another movie (I absolutely LOVE previews) and I had to look it up and add it and then promptly move it to the top of the list! It's Sci-Fi drama - I can't say I'm a huge Sci-Fi fan... but every once in a while there is one that just really piques my interest and impresses me. I'm hoping this one with Carey Mulligan and Keira Knightly does that!

2. I Love You Phillip Morris - as I'm typing this, I'm trying to remember how this movie has sneaked it's way to the top of the list. I can't say I'm a huge Jim Carrey fan. But I'm assuming, it's because nobody can resist a gay, jail love story!!

3. Rabbit Hole - Netflix is under the impression I will give this drama 3.6 stars. They normally under estimate me... so that means I will probably really like this one! Or hate it! This movie with Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart is categorized as dark and emotional. Right up my alley!

4. Morning Glory - Okay, okay. Yes, I do sometimes watch the cutesy, unicorns and glitter type movies! I mean, I am a girl. I can't only watch controversial or deeply dark, emotional movies! This one just looks like your typical 'feel good' and honestly, you can never go wrong with that! Especially after a long day or week.

5. 127 Hours - This one has gotten nothing but amazing reviews. And I hear it's pretty intense. But what would you expect - it's about someone sawing off their own arm. This one got a nomination Best Picture and Best Actor at the Academy Awards (and I've mentioned before, I may not watch the awards, but I try to watch ALL the nominated movies)!

What have you watched that was good lately? I'm always looking for good movie suggestions (books too if you have them)!!

Lots of Love...

~Manda Jane~

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Great movie choices. Have you read any Nicholas Sparks Books?? A few of his book have been turned into films ;)

    ReplyDelete