Monday, April 18, 2011

Movie Monday..


So, something about me - I LOVE watching movies. All kinds of movies. But I think my favorites are Indie films, documentaries and drama. I'm also one of those people that want to see every movie that was nominated for an Academy Award (although I don't watch the actual show itself). I hate stupid comedy and senseless humor and talking animal movies. Hey - we all our our preferences. I don't think you realize how much you love something until you don't get to do it as much as you would wish. That's kinda how the last 3 months were for me. But no fear, I'm back on the movie watching train.

Mind you, I don't go to the movie theater to watch movies. I can't say never - I did take my mom to the see the last Harry Potter flick because she wanted to go. I'm a Netflix junkie. Currently I have 113 movies in my 'queue' and 5 more on my saved list.

The point of this post is to share my top 5 movies this week. I'm changing up the order of my movies constantly, depending on what has come out or what I'm in the mood for or what recommendation I got.

So, my top five for this week go something like this:

1. Black Swan - I've heard total mixed reviews on this. I've heard amazing all the way to sheer crap. I like to make my own decision. This one got an Oscar nod for Best Picture. We will see.

2. The Kings Speech - This one won Best Picture. It's a biographical drama. I have yet to hear someone say this movie wasn't good, so I'm excited to see it.

3. Country Strong - I wasn't so sure about this one, but I love Gwynth Paltrow and her singing on Glee these days. Plus, who can resist a country love story (can you say Pure Country). However, my boss told me today not to even waste my time. I will waste my time and draw my own conclusions.

4. Blue Valentine - I can promise you, this one didn't come to a movie theater near me here in East Texas. I adore Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling isn't so bad looking. We will see.

5. It's Kind of a Funny Story - Netflix tells me their best guess is I'll give this movie 3.7 out of 5 stars. I will admit Netflix does a pretty job of determining if I'll like a movie or not. Oh Netflix - you know me better than most guys I date!


So there you have it. My top 5 for the week. Have you seen any of these movies?? What did you think?


What movies are in your top 5 this week?



Lots of Love...

~Manda Jane~

3 comments:

  1. I've seen them all except the king's speech. I've seen a lot of worthless an country strong is worth watching. It's not amazing but it isn't bad.

    Ryan gosling is bald in Blue valentine :(


    I can't wait until water for elephants comes out Friday!
    EEE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley! Thank you for stopping by! Glad to hear that all my movies are going to be good ones! I'm excited about Water for Elephants too - have you read the book?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete