Thursday, March 24, 2011

neon icing and tye dye cupcakes...


So, my eyes can barely stay open as I type. I know, it's only 10:30 here in Texas - but guys, I'm plain exhausted! It's been one of those mentally and emotionally draining weeks in my 8 to 5 world... so the only thing that really gives me pleasure is getting to come home and craft and bake and blog... oh - and don't forget learn in my Indie Biz class. The good news is - tomorrow is a vacation day for me and my Mom and I are travelling the 2 hours to Grapevine to have some girl time and shop and eat and basically relax and unwind! Nobody knows, more than myself (well, and maybe my very understanding boyfriend) - how much I need this. So, I can go to sleep knowing tomorrow is going to be a fantastic day.


In other news - I have to share what my big project for the evening was. My very wonderful friend Holly asked earlier in the week if I could do cupcakes for her girls birthday. Of course I can! They are two very special girls! However, with the strain of the week - I really felt off my game tonight... which really just frustrated me. So, at about 9 p.m. I made a mad dash to Wal-Mart (which, by the way, is one town over)... to get some provisions to help me get the cupcakes where I could at least be proud to send them out the door. So... drum roll please... here they are. I hope the girls enjoy them. If nothing else, they (as with everything I make) were baked full of love.

In closing, I got a few new books this week. One is Blogging for Bliss by Tara Frey. I'm hoping it really helps to inspire me and get my blog to have the look and feeling that I'm wanting. So, Elf House may have some 'under construction' moments in the coming days and weeks - but I hope it gets to be a little labor of love I'm proud of and that you enjoy reading!

Lots of love...

~Manda Jane~

No comments:

Post a Comment