Monday, February 13, 2012

I'm Getting Married Monday


So, we are 160 days out till I say 'I do'. Yes, I am counting! Still have a lot of things to do and a lot of decisions to make. Surprisingly, I'm not stressed yet. Just excited.

Today I thought I would share the two dresses I have narrowed down for my bridesmaids and some accessories I would love to pair with them.

The first look comes from the new Shabby Apple collection that came out first February 1st called Mad Hatter. What could be any more fitting, right? My inspiration for the big day is the Mad Hatters tea party. And this dress is exactly the right color!


Pinned Image


I would add a fun and whimsical 'Alice' accessory, like one of these:


Alice in Wonderland - Filigree Flower Pocket Watch Necklace with Bunny and Umbrella Charm



Alice in Wonderland Teacup Charm Necklace



Alice In Wonderland Mad Hatter Tea Party Charm Necklace


Here is the second look. I like this one because it is a little more elegant and our wedding will be in the evening. It's a little fancy, but still a lot of fun.


Pinned Image


 If I picked this one, the fun would be in accessorizing with something fabulous for the hair.


BRISTOL- Navy Blue Ivory and Gold Curled Goose Peacock Feather Headband


EMERY - Gold and Navy Blue Treo Peacock Feather Clip


Royal Blue Peacock Feather Hairclip


In other news, my Mom thought it was a good idea to get a second dress for my reception. Not because we're are all richy rich or anything, but because it will be the middle of Summer in Texas and I might want something a little more cool and comfortable. I haven't decided on that dress yet, but, I do know that my heart is set on wearing this tiny top hat and my dress must go along with it.


Topsy Turvy Eco-Friendly Tiny Top Hat Headband with Feathers



 So, which bridal party look would you go for? Truly, would love to know your opinions! Sometimes I need a nudge in one direction or the other - because I love it all!

3 comments:

  1. i like the second dress for the bridesmaids, with the cup and saucer necklace...

    I think a second dress, would be a good idea, especially if the weather is going to be hot !!! cute idea for the top hat too :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with the first dress. That style is more...my cup of tea? LOL! I would pair it with the cup & saucer necklace, something simple but still fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the first dress and the color, the second necklace with just the tea cup charm, is well charming.

    ReplyDelete