Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Thought for Thursday {Prayer}


Pinned Image


On my list of 12 things for 2012 was to find a church for our family. We have started visiting a church in town that we all seem to really like. And it's a great feeling to start our Sunday going to worship together.

The sermon series right now is on 'change.' I don't know about you, but there are times when it feels like the sermon is directed right at you. That everything being said is for you and you only, to hear. That's how David and I feel each Sunday. We have a lot of change going on this year -some good and some that is a little harder to deal with. And so I've really been reflecting on those situations that are the ones we are struggling with.

I can talk something to death. Probably because I tend to over think things and also, because I'm a control freak. But what I'm learning is that some things I just have to hand over to God. Every tough situation we are handed is given to us for a reason - to build patience and perseverance. To strengthen us and our relationships. So, all I can do is pray for the wisdom, guidance and strength to get me and our family through it.

I may not understand right now why we are dealing with tough circumstances, but I have to have faith that there is a reason. And give it over to Him to take care of us and ensure we come out on the other end intact, happy and better for it!

*So, what's on your mind this Thursday? Linkup and share. Grab a button and tell your friends to come on over and share their thoughts today!

Elf House Chronicles 




3 comments:

  1. I saw that quote on Pinterest too and it really made me stop and think. Thanks for hosting this linky party. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that printable framed and hanging in my home studio! What a great reminder to take our troubles to Him in prayer.

    Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete