Wednesday, January 11, 2012

As requested, THE ring...




So, I've had a few ask, so here it is... my perfect engagement ring...
courtesy of Samantha McIntosh on Etsy.

I think I've decided for my wedding ring, I will take my Grandmothers wedding ring (which I inherited when she passed away) and melt it down and design my own ring and set it with a new diamond, along with the diamond currently in it. My Grandmother was my favorite person on earth and I can't think of any better way to honor her memory than making her wedding ring a part of my marriage to my soul mate.

Do any of you have unique wedding rings or engagement rings with a story? Make sure you share! And meet me back here tomorrow for Thought for Thursday!

12 comments:

  1. Love it! Congrats ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is soooo pretty !!!!

    what i lovely idea for the wedding ring...


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I'm a new follower and I just want to say hello and what a gorgeous ring! Much happiness to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He really earns brownie points in my book for getting it on Etsy! It's absolutely beautiful & seems perfect for you.

    I have to say that I love the idea for your wedding ring. My bouquet idea was how I had my grandmothers be a part of it in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you via "Curious Pug" and am now happily following along :) Congratulations - and what a gorgeous ring! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! Very glad to hear you love the ring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! :) So happy for you, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matt has a unique ring. I bought it online from an Indian reservation in Arizona. Its silver with turquoise inlay. He wanted something unique like it, but local jewelers wouldn't build it. It was such a great deal too - only $40 and hasn't even turned his finger green yet! Funny thing is it didn't come in until the Monday after our wedding. So we improvised and used the only shiny, silver thing at the wedding - tin foil! Nobody knew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. UNIQUE RING THAT RESEMBLES THE VALUES WITH LIFE .WE HAVE TO GIVE IMPORTANT TO THE METAL OF THE RING.

    ReplyDelete