Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Art of Organization [Evernote]


**This is the first post in a series I've put together on organization. I would tell you I'm a highly organized person. I thrive on structure. However, with all the things I juggle, it's easy to lose track, lose sight or simply lose time. So, I've enlisted some of my friends and amazing ladies to help me - and you - figure out how to be organized in all aspects of our life! I hope you enjoy - and if you are interested in contributing your own guest post on the topic, feel free to email me here.**

My first guest post is from one of my bloggy BFF's whom is a total inspiration to me! She is a creative powerhouse and the first person I go to when I need help or to bounce an idea off of someone. So, I will turn it over to her.


Hello all you darling Elf House Chronicles readers!



My name is Pocky, from Living Apockylypse. I'm just a geek-lovin' gal that fights the zombie grind during the day, & seek the safety of my crafty life at night. When I'm not blogging, I'm usually found in my Craft Cove...dreaming up my next idea to help me pursue my crafty dreams.

I'm the kind of gal that is always working on a few projects at once, which can sometimes get me a little scatterbrained. It seems like my mind is going in 100 different directions all at once. Of course that is the perfect way to lose some of those brilliant ideas, or forget that great article I wanted to look at more in depth. Blog ideas. Design tips. Crafty projects.

what's a multi-tasker like me to do?


Thanks to the wonderful Kam from Campfire Chic, I was introduced to just the thing to help me keep those articles, tips, ideas all in one super organized place. Evernote!



I've got to say that I am not sure how I had any organized thoughts without Evernote. While I haven't scanned any notes or typed any memos to myself yet, I have used the heck out of Evernote to organize all sorts of great things for my blog & crafty dreams.



I blog about a little bit of this & a whole lot of that, so I've broken down my Evernote into notebooks for specific topics/ideas. Each time I come across a great blog post or article, I use my handy dandy little Evernote clipper addon to mark it. Sometimes we come across something great that we don't have time to really read, or maybe it's something to mark so that you can remember the great tips. If you don't want to risk losing them forever, I definitely suggest using Evernote.

I'm looking to get even more serious about my blogging soon, with the unveiling of the new Living Apockylypse on January 1, 2012. Because of this, I've been going to my Evernote every day to search for some of the articles I've clipped for whatever I'm working on at the time. Whether it's design, planning, or just inspirations for ideas. It's become a part of my daily routine.

It's been a huge help for me, but the great thing is if one of my bloggy friends is looking for some information that I recently came across...I can just email them that article from Evernote!


**Isn't it wonderful! I downloaded Evernote a while back, but now I am learning even more about it and using it to really help me keep up with stuff! Do any of you use Evernote??

4 comments:

  1. Never herd of Evernote before, but sounds really great...
    thank you guys for introducing it to me :)

    Claire xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! You can never be too organized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is going to be a great series! I think the need to hone organisational skills is something EVERYONE online can benefit from. Great post Pocky!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's one of my favorites! Mostly I use it for filing recipes that I discover online. Then at home, I grab my phone and open the Evernote app and make whatever delight caught my eye. It's also great for writing yourself notes on the go.

    ReplyDelete