Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas at The Elf House


I have mentioned in a couple of other posts that I have the honor of being featured on the Tour of Homes in my little town this Sunday. When they asked, I couldn't possibly say no - I was so thrilled that they asked.

So, needless to say, Christmas has been going up at our house since the first weekend of November. This project has been quite the under taking. We can't just decorate 'normally.' Every single room in the house has to be decorated (bathrooms included) and the front yard and front porch. My dear mother has been hard at work almost every single day to ensure that my little house is transformed into a winter wonderland.





The tour will feature 5 homes, including ours. Here's the blurb that was featured in the newspaper last week about my home:

"Amanda Webster had always wanted to own a home on historic Quitman Street, so she jumped at the opportunity to buy a lot on that street. The yellow farmhouse-style home features a wrap-around porch, open living area, and three bedrooms with a Christmas tree decorated in its own unique theme. It has pine floors throughout and 9-foot ceilings with crown molding. One of the oldest magnolia trees in Camp County adorns the front yard. Ms. Webster decorates with antique and vintage finds, as you will see throughout the house. The family Christmas tree is decorated with ornaments her mom and dad have given her since her very first Christmas; they continue the tradition with a new ornament every year."


So, I've snapped a few pictures of the decorations as they go up to share with you. It's still a work in progress with 4 days to go - but it's coming together beautifully.


Living Room Area




Kitchen


Dining Room


Master Bedroom






Boys Room


So, what do you think?? 

7 comments:

  1. So exciting! It's beautiful. :) Congratulations, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomeness Swappy (that's my new nickname for you, don't ask..lol)!!! Can you come over and do my bathroom like that?!
    mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That is definitely a winter wonderland type of home. It looks so gorgeous & I can't wait to see other pictures when everything is done.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    I love it, the blurb had sold me already....
    Congratulations, you totally deserve it .....
    Love x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your decorations!! Especially the monkey tree. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Just as wonderful as I thought it would be! The master bedroom is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete