Friday, July 8, 2011

Home Is Where the Heart Is...


Wow. I've been MIA for a few days! I have the best intentions of updating everyone on what's going on... and then I get so darn busy! I still have a lot of updating to do - my 5 days off of work did me a lot of good and I've really decided to change my mind set and behavioral patterns and hopefully that will get me through for the time being (but more on that later this weekend).

Today is Fabulous Finds Day! I thought I would share some of my images from Pinterest that are home decor and decorating. Why? Weeellll, without making any announcements too prematurely, I got a quote to do some work on my house. My house is only 2 years old. I had it custom built and it is my dream home. When I had it built, I intentionally put in a staircase to the attic because I wanted to one day finish out that space. Well, it looks like the time is drawing near to need a little more room at the Elf House. Might have some big life changing events coming up (but once again, you will have to wait in suspense)! And no, I'm not pregnant! I'm super excited about the add on, if I get to make it happen. It will give me an additional family room, bedroom and bathroom up there! And more area to decorate (which is really what's most important)! So, in honor of getting my quote back - and not having a heart attack based on the cost - and probably being able to get this project started in the near future...I'm sharing some inspirations I've found round the net! Enjoy!

Definitely need some kind of organized craft space so I still have a place for all my creativity to shine! I like these because they don't take up too much space, but are highly organized! I love organized!






I need a color/theme/scheme for my new family room. I'm loving the green in this picture, but have a feeling I may be going with something a little more 'kid' friendly.




I think this room might be a little more the direction I think of going. It's a little more young and hip, isn't it?




I'm loving these built in bunk beds for a kids room! What a great way to save space!




So, that's just some of my inspiration for what may (or may not) come to be in my upstairs addition. I do hope it's a may - I'm pretty excited about the prospect!

I would love to know what ideas/inspirations you would have for a new family room! Please share!


Lots of Love...

~Manda Jane~

2 comments:

  1. great inspiration - i love the last one. bunk beds were always my favorite as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bunk beds too! I have two boys - 10 & almost 13 and we are wondering if almost 13 is too old for bunk beds? so I may need more boy bed inspiration!

    ReplyDelete