Friday, July 22, 2011

Annette, Fred & Lesley - Oh My!


One of my all time loves is old movies and old music! It's true. I'm a firm believer they don't make them like they used to! I've been a lover of the classics for as long as I can remember. I'm not sure what started it - I'm sure I have my parents to thank. I can remember my cousin and I going to rent movies and all we wanted to watch was the old beach movies. We would watch them over and over - they were just so cool! To this day, I adore these movies!






Maybe we weren't your normal small children (maybe it had to do with being only children). We also spent hours after school playing records on my Mom's record player. We wore out 'It's My Party' by Lesley Gore. We just played that record over and over.




I'm still a sap when it comes to Fred Astaire. You give me a Fred Astaire movie and I will give you my undivided attention. The style, the grace, the dancing - you just don't get those things in 2011!






Movies like White Christmas and Holiday Inn and Easter Parade hold a special place in my heart. We've been watching these for as long as I can remember. They are a family tradition. I can remember as a little girl being mesmerized by the glitz and glamour and those dresses - what I would give to have a place to wear a dress like that! And who can forget those dance scenes; Fred Astaire and the firecracker tap dance is etched into my mind forever!


Kiddos these days don't even have the beginning of an inkling of these treasured things and that makes me a little sad. But I'll be a fan of the old movies, music and style until I die. I only hope my kids take a little piece of that from me!


What is it that holds a special place in your heart?



Lots of Love...

~Manda Jane~




No comments:

Post a Comment