Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Please Meet - My BFF


I've been trying to use Wednesday's as a day to share things/people/places that inspire me. After a long overdue and wonderful conversation with my BFF last night - I knew this was a perfect time to introduce her and talk about what she means to me. She is truly an inspiration and has been to me for a very long time now. So, without further ado, please meet the beautiful and fabulous Mrs. Angie Riford (still feels weird for me to call her a Mrs)!


My Dad always told me growing up you would have very few friends in life, but many acquaintances. I always thought he was crazy until I got a little more 'grown-up'. Angie is one of a very select few that fit into the actual 'friends' category. But she is so much more than that to me - she is a sister and a mentor. I can't even begin to tell you in what year we met. I was living in San Marcos, TX and working part-time at Ann Taylor and she was the store manager. For some reason, she decided to take me under her wing! And I'm so grateful she did, because her friendship has changed my life!

My BFF Angie... in Road Trippin to OK by Amanda Webster

She is one of the strongest women I know. She has always worked hard, played hard and loved hard. She gives everything and everyone 150%. She is honest, loyal, supportive and so much crazy fun! It would take me days to tell all the stories of our adventures together through the years! But more important than all the fun we've had together, she has always been there for me, through every new chapter in my life. She is my biggest cheerleader. She tells me the things I don't always want to hear, but need to! She gives wonderful advice when needed, but knows that sometimes I'm going to have to learn life's lessons on my own. And she has never, not one time, told me I couldn't do something. She builds me up in a way that nobody else does. And she is always the very first to tell me she loves me and is proud of me!

BFF for life! in My Photos by Amanda Webster

We don't live anywhere even remotely near one another any more. She is in Mercersburg, PA and is now happily married and living the life that she has dreamed of and deserves! And I miss her terribly all the time! But the distance hasn't changed the bond that we have. She is still the first person I call or text when I have news, good or bad. Or if I need advice. Or I need to vent. Or just need some cheering up. I love her bigger than the world and don't even have the words to thank her for all she's done for me!



I love you Angie!

Lots of Love...

~Manda Jane~

4 comments:

  1. awwww.. that's so sweet Amanda!! It's always great to have such positive people in your life.. you are one lucky girl!! I love reading your blogs :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! I enjoy your writing so much and I'm so happy you are doing this blog. You've come a long way baby and I'm delighted to have been here to watch you grow into a beautiful and confident woman. Oh the times we have laughed until we cried and cried until we could laugh; the appreciation is mutual. You are the greatest of friends to me and life is so much better knowing I have you no matter the distance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you! I enjoy your writing so much and I'm so happy you are doing this blog. You've come a long way baby and I'm delighted to have been here to watch you grow into a beautiful and confident woman. Oh the times we have laughed until we cried and cried until we could laugh; the appreciation is mutual. You are the greatest of friends to me and life is so much better knowing I have you no matter the distance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post :)
    It’s so nice to have strong positive people in your life...
    Keep up the good work, so glad we have become friends too.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete