Thursday, May 26, 2011

Margaritaville - The Event


So, I'm a little late getting around to posting about the actual Jimmy Buffett concert. However, my health has taken a little turn for bad since getting home - and I've been focusing on that! So, here goes... the account of the day and night my Mom & I spent 'wasting our days away.'

The concert was in Frisco, TX at Pizza Hut Park. We stayed in a fantastic location in Frisco and were close to all the hot eating spots, shopping and the actual venue. We spent most of Saturday doing what we do best... shopping! I brought home tons of cute summer outfits - mainly thanks to Forever 21. That place never lets me down on super fab clothes on the cheap! I also picked up all the kids something... because you can't go out of town and not bring something back. And of course, perused Sam Moon for a long time. If you don't know about Sam Moon - I can't even begin to explain. It's like a giant warehouse of fantastic purses, jewelry, belts, hats, scarves -- all for cheap. I ended up coming home with 5 necklaces, a bracelet and 2 pairs of earrings for $50. Not bad!

We ended up eating dinner at Cantina Laredo. It was within walking distance of the hotel and got rave reviews. They also gave us a voucher at the hotel for a free guacamole. And HOLY Guacamole was it good! Honestly, best I've ever had. It's made table side and I can't say enough how yummy it was!






It wouldn't have been a true Jimmy Buffett experience if I didn't kick off the evening with a margarita. We were sitting out on the patio, enjoying the weather and the scenery and it only seemed natural!




The food was as great as the guacamole. My Mom had a smothered chicken breast. I think it had artichokes and peppers, onions and an array of other veggies:




I had something I never even seen on another menu... wait for it.... avocado and artichoke enchiladas! Served on a bed of fresh spinach, topped with tomatillo sauce and a side of jicama and mangoes! WoW!




After dinner, we made our way over to Pizza Hut Park. We had to pay $40 to park - which is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. I've been to a TON of concerts and I've never paid that kind of money to park. We got to the venue, handed them our tickets and I went straight to the margarita tent to get us both a refreshing, tasty beverage.




Mind you, my Mom is not a big drinker. This became apparent after having half a margarita and proceeding to hit someone in the face with a beach ball! There were beach balls flying everywhere. I'm not a Buffett fan - however, there is something to be said for his fans. The tailgating that was going on was crazy. I've never seen so many grown men in grass skirts in my life. The outfits I saw were unlike any I even saw at my wildest college sorority/fraternity party! These people love this man - and it was entertaining to watch, but also pretty inspiring to see so many people passionate about the music and the idea behind what his music stands for (which from what I can tell is relaxing, drinking and just taking it easy)!

If you can tell, this is a group of guys with fins on their heads! They ran around the entire concert!



The most important thing is that my Mom had fun. At one point I went up for another beer (I might have had a couple or 5 Landshark Beers - along with the margaritas) and my Mom had kicked off her shoes, got a second margarita and was dancing up a storm! It made my heart happy to see her having such a good time!
When we got back to the hotel, they had a pizza booth set up in the lobby (genius on their part)! Of course, at almost midnight and full of alcohol, pizza is always a good idea. So we bought one to take up our room and finish off the evening.


All in all, the night was a success. As was the weekend. On the way home Sunday we made a detour by the Coach Outlet and I might have splurged a tad on a new Coach messenger bag and matching make-up bag. But we only live once, right? Then I came home to the perfect Sunday evening with my little family, some backyard ball and lots of laughs and smiles! Overall, a pretty fantastic weekend.
Any concerts you've ever been to that just stand out from the rest? Would love to hear about it!



Lots of Love...
~Manda Jane~

No comments:

Post a Comment