Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What (or Who) Inspires Me Wednesday...


This will be the second installation of my 'What Inspires Me Wednesday' series. I prefaced the first one by saying that I wouldn't limit myself to just one 'type' of thing. Last week I posted a quote and this week, my inspiration to share with you holds the most special place in my heart...

Meet the love of my life....


Yes, I do have 3 pooches, but Sullee has been with me the longest. I came by him in college. I was really wanting a dog and so I started searching this fantastic site Petfinder. If you've never been to this site and are thinking about adding on to your furry family or starting a furry family - I highly recommend going through them. I am a firm believe in adopting and not buying. You won't hear me talk to much about politics or religion on here - not because I'm not passionate about it - but because this is not the forum I choose to do so. But I will say, adopt a shelter pet. There are so many fabulous furry creatures who need a good home.


So, back to my story about my inspiration, Mr. Sullee Webster. He was abandoned by his owners (although who could have let him go, is beyond me). He was on the street, emaciated and dumpster diving for food. In his little picture of the website, there was that beautiful face with that precious under bite, pressed up against the bars of a cage. I called my college bestie, Danna, and told her, 'I've found him. We must go get him.' Being the wonderful friend she was and always up for an adventure, we set out that weekend from San Marcos to Corpus Christi to pick him up. Hence, he came home with me and has faithfully been by my side ever since. We've laughed together, we've cried together. We've moved all over the place and when I travelled for work ,he travelled right along beside me.



Sullee can always sense what I'm feeling. He's the first one snuggled up beside me if I'm anxious or sad or hurt. He sleeps like a little person, right beside me in bed, with his head on the pillow. He loves to ride in the car, play ball and EAT. He's a little piggy.



Sullee is my inspiration because no matter what he has been through, he is just happy to be loved. He is the first one through the door to greet you. The first one to hop in to bed at night. And he loves me at my best, at my worst and everything in between. Yes, I'm a crazy dog lady - and I'm okay with that. I honestly feel blessed to have that little guy come into my life. He has gotten me through some of my darkest days. And he is such a good little boy!


Lots of Love...

~Manda Jane~  & Sullee Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment