Monday, April 11, 2011

Free to be Me...


I feel empowered these days. I like it.

I've found a whole part of me that I didn't know existed - and I love it! And embrace it!

I have become motivated, inspired and set on a new path in my life - and I couldn't be more excited.

I've learned that I'm me - and that's good enough. I may not have a certain 'style' or fit in with a certain 'group' - but I know who I am... my morals, my values, my core beliefs. For those who have said to me, 'i would like it if you were a little more Emo or alternative' -- screw you. You can love me for me... or don't love me at all.

I'm extremely independent... I've always known that... but you know what?? That's not a bad thing! That's an amazing thing! I don't need anyone to take care of me - and that feels really good.

My dogs sleep in my bed. They eat from my plate. They lick my face. They basically rule the roost. I don't really care if you agree with or accept that. My fur babies make me happy - and therefore, your opinion is not needed.

My parents are my best friends. You can call that unhealthy. You may think I need to 'cut the cord.' Guess what? You're wrong. My mom and dad support me unconditionally, love me more than anyone else and have made me the awesome person I am. They will always be a part of my life... you probably won't be.

I'm me... crazy, eclectic, hard headed, strong willed, sarcastic, silly, responsible, organized, honest, opinionated, emotional and loud.... I'm not going to change. Not for anyone.

Hi - I'm Amanda. And I'm happy to be me!

2 comments:

  1. oh my. who would tell you that you need to be more emo or alternative? That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard! Haha! Some people are so clueless!

    Be you, that is all that you can do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. some people are beyond clueless! i think this person meant well... but it still is not cool! Thanks for stopping by Ashley! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete